lunes, 19 de marzo de 2007

Not your normal Sunday - care for a little Hedonism?

While most people enjoy a nice relaxing day in front of the telly on a sunday, I opted to do something a little different to my usual Sunday afternoons. My friend had invited me to go clubbing at the "Space of Sound" - an all day nightclub just above the station Charmartìn. I had been meaning to check it out, and I have never been clubbing during the day before so thought great could be loads of fun.

It was one of the most surreal, interesting and fantastic experiences I have ever had from clubbing. It felt weird, if not slightly wrong walking into a club at 2pm on a Sunny Sunday afternoon but as soon as I walked inside I was transported into another world! A world of an electronic dream and a ravers paradise! To not talk about the clubs and bars in Madrid would not give the correct impression of Madrid, and for me personally its nightlife (or daylife in this case) is a big thing in my life here. Sometimes a good dancing marathon to an awesome beat is as good as destressing as a day of relaxation in front of the sun for me.

Space is probably the most jaw dropping club I have been too. I have not been clubbing like have done in Madrid before, but this place took my breathe away. I forgot the time, the space where I was then. Time did not exist inside here. You are hit with the amazing electronic sound as you come in through the door (while I am a goth/rocker by heart, I am a sucker for pretty much all electronic music!), music with so much depth and intensity that you do not only hear it but feel it through your body, and all of this without being deafened. There are amazing laser shows, dancers, fiber optic lit coffee tables next to really comfy sofas, space age looking bars and most importantly of all - lots of people just having a great time!

The thing I liked about this club is people came there to be free, no one cared what you looked like or how you danced. You didn´t get sweaty, nasty guys humping your leg, nor bitchy girls glaring at you because you are not trendy enough. I went in t-shirt, jeans, no make up, messy hair and no one treated me any different. It was a really liberating experience to feel like I was not being treated as a piece of meat and I could truly be myself. The atmosphere was euphoric and you did not want to stop dancing until 8pm. Sometimes I just stood back and admired the amazing laser shows and sat on the comfy sofas with my eyes closed and let the music wash over me. It was rather surreal to pass the front door when you would go to the toilet to see the sunny outdoors, which to me seemed like the dimensional gateway to reality. Certainly and odd experience but much worth it. Absolutely pure, liberating hedonism. I loved it, and would certainly go again! The best thing about it being in the afternoons is by the next day you are refreshed and ready to work again. I feel like I have just been on holiday.

No hay comentarios:

 
Locations of visitors to this page